Sep 2, 2010

Hell is other people

The existential crisis of Obama supporters:
According to Maureen Dowd, “Obama is the head of the dysfunctional family of America — a rational man running a most irrational nation, a high-minded man in a low-minded age. The country is having some weird mass nervous breakdown.” Jonathan Alter argues that the American people “aren’t rationally aligning belief and action; they’re tempted to lose their spleens in the polling place without fully grasping the consequences.” And Slate’s Jacob Weisberg has written that “the biggest culprit in our current predicament” is the “childishness, ignorance, and growing incoherence of the public at large.”

3 comments:

alanstorm said...

Or, in other words, Barry O (and by implication, we geniuses who support him) knows what's best for us!

Pardon me if I am underwhelmed by our national parent's work so far and "good intentions".

It's been a while since I turned 21 - I have no use for a new set of parents.

Rachel said...

Shame on you for not listening to your betters.

Ibrahimblogs said...

I loved your post. It is transparent and honest. I liked the URLs.

This is Ibrahim from Israeli Uncensored News